Frequently Asked Questions
McIntyre Legal's office is located at Suite 502, Level 5, Lawson Place, 165-167 Phillip Street, Sydney. It is located opposite the Law Courts Building and is a 1 minute walk from Martin Place train station.
We understand how difficult it can be to find the time to visit a lawyer to discuss your estate planning needs and so we are happy to meet with you in the comfort of your own home, office or at a cafe at a time convenient to you – whether that’s during normal business hours, in the evening or on the weekend.
Once you have arranged a meeting with us, we will send you via email a questionnaire to complete prior to our first meeting. This questionnaire explains everything you will need to bring with you to the meeting.
A typical matter will proceed as follows:
- You contact McIntyre Legal on 0481 246 647 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We arrange to meet at a time and location convenient to you.
- We will send you an email attaching a questionnaire to complete prior to our first meeting.
- We will meet to discuss your personal circumstances and what you would like to happen to your estate when you die. We will guide you through the various decisions which need to be made. We will provide you with a wealth of information to help you make informed decisions. This meeting typically lasts 1-2 hours.
- We will then send you a costs agreement confirming our fixed fee for the preparation of any documents and advice.
- Once you approve the terms of the costs agreement, we will commence drafting your documents.
- We will send you the draft documents for your review. If you require the documents urgently, then we can usually provide them in a short time frame.
- We will then discuss the draft documents with you and finalise them ready for execution.
- We will arrange a second a face-to-face meeting so you can execute, and we can witness your execution of, the documents. This meeting will be at a time and location convenient to you.
- If you wish, McIntyre Legal can store your original executed documents in safe custody in our secure fireproof safe and send you printed and scanned copies for your records. No additional storage fees are charged.
Once you have provided McIntyre Legal with all of the information needed to draft your documents (eg. names and addresses of executors, guardians and beneficiaries), we will aim to send you the draft documents as soon as possible (and within 20 business days). If your matter is urgent (eg. due to illness, medical surgery or planned overseas travel) then we can generally turn most documents around in 24 hours if necessary.
Please telephone Anthea McIntyre on 0481 246 647 for a 'no-obligation' fee estimate over the telephone.
We will issue you with an invoice when we send you your draft estate planning documents for your review and approval. Our fees can be paid by electronic funds transfer to McIntyre Legal’s bank account.
If you wish, McIntyre Legal can store your original executed documents in safe custody in our secure fireproof safe and provide you with hard copies and scanned copies for your records. No additional storage fees will be charged. Alternatively, you can keep your original executed documents and store them somewhere safe yourself.
We recommend reviewing your Will regularly and, at least, every 2 years. Please telephone Anthea on 0481 246 647 or email her on email@example.com and she will happily review your Will free of charge and advise you as to whether you may like to consider updating it.